I chaired the meeting alongside Liberal Democrat councillors Andrew Steed and Harvey Rose. First of all I indicated that residents who wanted Piccadilly line tubes to stop at Turnham Green should fill in the two minute consultation which can be found here.
Taser gun (used to essentially stun people the police are after). Come along to hear the latest crime figures for our part of Chiswick and Acton and a chance to ask the local police team questions.
Following a site visit I announced a number of improvements that will be made to the railway bridge from Chiswick to South Acton. These should make the area safer, as it currently is not very inviting for residents to go between Chiswick and South Acton.
These include new lights in Acton and Chiswick around the bridge, paint which will brighten the area across the bridge, the trimming of trees so that people can see across the bridge seeing the other side of the bridge, the domed mirror has been repaired, police on both sides of the bridge to patrol more often!
Later we agreed to spend some of the ward funds on the following items:
- Yellow lines on Multiway to ensure that emergency vehicles can gain access (currently ambulances are stopped by parked vehicles)
- Street signage for Evershed Walk, W4
- New lighting for Fishers Lane
- Landscape improvements for the Southfield Recreation Grounds to encourage dog owners to walk around the areas where the children at Southfield Primary School play each week.
- Install two new items of gym equipment on Southfield Rec (Triple pull ups & Sit up benches)
- Wildflower seeding on the triangle area adjacent to the 94 bus terminus, Acton Green to make the area look prettier
- Agreement of works to convert the Larden Road area into a 20 mph scheme
- Two additional bins for Acton Green to reduce the litter
If you have any ideas about how to improve the Southfield area of Chiswick let me know via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org