Today I have been knocking on doors in Chiswick. It isn't the sort of area you would expect to get huge support for Ken but clearly when a significant share of Labour voters I speak to say they are not voting for Ken it looks like he won't become the Mayor of London.
Support for Ken Livingstone is waning and more and more Londoners cannot bring themselves to vote for a candidate that has a real credibility problem.
Liberal Democrat Caroline Pigeon and Brian Paddick, along with their energetic and diverse team of London Assembly candidates, can offer real change and a real alternative to the Tory run Mayoralty.
They have lots of fresh and creative ideas for London and here are just five of them:
- A fairer London, with realistic fare cuts targeted at those who need them most: a One Hour Bus Ticket; Early Bird discounts; and Part-Time season tickets.
- A greener London, with electric buses, taxis and vans by 2020.
- A safer London, with police who listen to the concerns of local people and work with them against the criminals.
- Serious solutions to London’s biggest problems, such as tackling the housing crisis by building 360,000 new homes.
- Creating a network of Youth Hubs to give young people a positive alternative to gangs.
To read more about what Brian Paddick would do, have a look at his manifesto here.