|In Ealing we have a growing membership|
The ten key areas of the 2014 manifesto where we will take action on include:
• Protect the vulnerable - save day centres like the Carlton Road day centre and local health services
• Freeze Council Tax for the next four years – cut costs not services
• Cleaner streets and fine contractors for poor performance
• Safer Ealing – more Bobbies on the Beat in high crime areas
• Restore free garden waste collection
• Freeze parking permits and vouchers
• More investment in roads and pavements
• Increase social & affordable housing supply
• Make the Council easier to contact
• Protect green spaces & prevent “garden grabbing
The Liberal Democrats have produced an alternative budget every year during this 4-year electoral term, while the Conservatives have not done so. The Conservatives have not done so, preferring instead to make statements about what they would do without proving that they could afford to do it. This is further evidence of how seriously the Ealing Borough Liberal Democrats take their duty to the electorate.
The Labour party have left Ealing far worse than we were in 2010 and the Conservative party's financial plans do not add up. Only the Liberal Democrats can improve Ealing giving fairness to how our council money is spent. We are the only party who treat our vulnerable residents with a priority.
On May 22nd vote Liberal Democrat to get hard working Councillors and a party that will focus attention on avoiding problems for the vulnerable in society.