The main reason is the lack of space. When questioned, Labour-run Ealing Council, stated that only 2% of people would be exempt from having wheelie bins but in many wards, including Southfield, the figure is over 10%
|Wheelie bins: eyesores|
When Councils want to make controversial changes, they should consult. Sutton Council did this and people accepted the result as the Council was up-front and honest – even if the decision is not what some residents wanted.
Previously, Ealing Council did consult, and most wards did not want wheelie bins. People were happy because the ones who wanted bins got them, and those that didn’t, did not.
Liberal Democrats say residents should have been consulted, but the Labour party arrogantly think they know best!
In 2014 all the political parties in Ealing were against them. But as soon as the election took place they moved to change their policy. It gives a very poor view of Labour who keep making u-turn after u-turn.
No wonder people distrust politicians.
We now know more about the details of what people will be forced to accept:
- The cost of the wheelie bin will be over £3 million!
- Too many homes have too small a front garden or area to house the two wheelie bins. Many people will not be able to store their garden waste bag and kitchen waste bin.
- Many residents have told me to they will have to pavement over their garden as those collecting the bins will stamp on their flower bed.
- One resident said he will need to sell his child’s bike and get rid of a small shed!
- The smaller bin is the same height as the larger one which means they will still cause an eyesore.
- Some people want a smaller recyclables bin but the Council will not allow this.
- Your old bins will not be taken away by the Council.
- When people challenge the decision they arrogantly get an auto reply email essentially saying ‘tough luck’!
In summary Labour-run Ealing Council is not listening to its residents. They are arrogant and our borough will be worse off.