- London Youth Contract - he will ensure all jobless young Londoners who apply after leaving school and aged up to 25 are productively engaged, in work or in learning linked to a genuine job opportunity, working with employers to create an Apprenticeship Alliance and ensure graduates get six months real work experience leading to a job.
- Adult Skills - We will bring the £653 million spent in London each year on adult skills training under the control of the Mayor and appoint a new powerful Business Board to put employers and business in the lead.
- Five-Star Fund - Brian will set up a fund worth at least £10 million, supported by a voluntary £1 a night luxury hotel bedroom levy, to co-fund youth opportunities in needy areas.
- Youth Hubs - Brian Paddick will work with banks on funding the development across London of ‘Youth Hubs’, open seven days a week and in the evenings where young people, as well as socialising, can receive advice and support.
- Access to Education - Brian will make sure no young Londoner is deterred from entering a suitable further or higher education course because of financial concern, by channelling educational bursaries through enhanced careers advice in schools.
- Supporting enterprise & jobs of the future - Brian Paddick as Mayor will establish a London Small Business Fund. We will work with socially responsible banks, so all viable small enterprises get the finance they need with mentoring support and advice too. He will establish a London Green Investment Bank to co-fund the industries of the future and transform London into a centre of digital technology.
If you have any views on these topics please let me know @CllrGaryMalcolm