Liberal Democrats will:
- Promote the scheme to groups who are not using it regularly, particularly women and younger adults who live in London.
- Make the scheme easier to use for casual users with a ‘one swipe’ facility.
- Expand to south London and further into West and North London.
- Require the contractor to improve overall service levels including the distribution of bikes or face tough penalties.
- Increase the annual membership fee to non-Londoners.
- Introduce special ‘limited edition’ bikes to celebrate key events such as the Diamond Jubilee, Pride and the 2012 Games and to put some fun back into the scheme.